The Problem with Dark Backgrounds in PDFs
Secondly, printing pages with dark backgrounds uses a lot of toner, for no good reason.
So, how can you print documents without those dark backgrounds – specifically PDFs?
After searching and finding a handful of solutions, most of them involved paying for Acrobat (full Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader), or another downloadable software application.
There are many articles saying you can use Acrobat Reader’s accessibility options, but that doesn’t appear to override background images, like you’d find in slide decks, so didn’t work for my case.
So, how can I print a PDF as black text on a white background?
- Go to https://invert-pdf.club/
- Click on “choose file”, and choose your PDF file.
- Click on “Upload file”, and wait a minute or two, while it processes. Your converted file will appear in your browser window when it’s done.
- Click on the standard Print icon in the upper right to print it.
- If you want to save the converted PDF, click on the Print icon again and choose “Save as PDF”. For some reason, using the Download function failed on me repeatedly, due to a network error, but “Save as PDF” worked fine.